Sunday, May 13, 2012

On Mom's Day

The cardinals are out today. We have a couple who is building a nest over the iris bed. I haven't been able to capture the female but got a few snaps of the male.



I have a whole new appreciation for those who do bird photography. It's very difficult! I need to practice more. I think it would be better if I didn't bring Winnie out with me when trying to get these photos. She tends to scare away the birds. Go figure!



Back in those bushes, is where the nest is. Haven't located the exact spot yet...


 More iris blooming in the bed. This is Clarence, another rebloomer that is a good performer for me.



I love Chicago Peace. The colors are beautiful and so bright.


Gertrude Jekyll is waking up. The fragrance of this David Austin wafts across the front yard when in full bloom.
 

An aging Easy Does It.


I have two Quietness bushes along the back of the border. I love these blooms and the fragrance. Love seeing all the buds this morning. The scent of these is among my best.


Best Bet iris




Liason Iris


Happy Mother's Day Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment