Sunday, April 1, 2012

Quick post from Mexico City

I'm in Mexico City for work and haven't been able to post for a few days. Lots to do! Hopefully I'll be able to get out and see some of the beautiful sites around here and take more photos. Of course the wonderful bougainvillea is blooming everywhere....



And these great trees that are in Spring bloom with purple flowers. I googled them and I think they are a type of Jacaranda that are native to South America. Wish we had these in the states. They are fantastic! They are blooming all over Mexico.


More to come from Mexico as soon as I have a moment's peace....I've been gone so long traveling, I'm worried about my garden at home!

5 comments:

  1. The two photos that you posted could be taken in Southern California where I live, too. Both bougainvilleas and jacaranda trees grow here very well. So I know for sure that we have jacaranda trees in the United States :-), but of course not if it is the variety that you featured. I think the Jacaranda trees are not in bloom here yet, at least I haven't noticed them, but I will watch out and see if I can find one. They are truly amazing when they are in full bloom.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to know Christina! These trees are so pretty. I had never seen them before and was amazed how purple the flowers are. The streets were lined with them as I was driving to the hotel. I haven't been able to see much while I'm here but was thankful to have seen these in full bloom!

      Delete
  2. Lovely blog ~ I'm a new follower!
    Best,
    Anne ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for checking out my blog Anne! Your photos on A Little Fur in the Paint are tremendous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are wonderful Jacarandas in Ahwatukee, Arizona!

    ReplyDelete