Sunday, January 6, 2013

Best of the Garden 2012

I'm starting to get anxious to start gardening again. The garden is dead and ugly now and all of the roses are sleeping. I thought I'd post some "Best of 2012" pictures to remember what the garden will look like in a few short, but feeling like forever, months.

I'll start with my David Austin's since they are my favorites. Abraham Darby had a great year this year and completely took off in the back bed. Reaching over 5ft tall.


That's him flopping down into the path and growing between the Christopher Marlowe's and the Golden Celebrations.


Speaking of Christopher...he had a good year too.


So did the Golden Celebrations....


Gertrude Jekyll will always be one of my favorites because of the scent and because she always is the first to bloom. I bought 3 more for next year for the new rose bed.


This was the front garden in late May, early June.


A little bit later the Jackmanii Clematis bloomed with the Iceberg climber...


Side rose bed....


As the roses began to fade, then the poppies bloomed...


Drama Queen was new for me this year.


The Stargazer lilies put on their usual show after the poppies.


And the show ended with the pretty new zinnia bed that I planted from seed.



New roses arrive in late February. It's going to be a long 2 months....

No comments:

Post a Comment